9.08.2006

More to love about Denali

I loved everything about Denali. Of course the mountains are beautiful and the fall colors spectacular but I found many other things to enjoy about Denali, especially the great coffee and gift shops! I found a store where a local artist named Tok Hwang was selling some beautiful prints. They were paintings of the Denali area. I had an awful time choosing but finally selected two different mountain scenes, "Seward Glacier" and "Hatch Pass". They both have a little green in them so they will look good in my house after I have them set into matching green frames and mats. Next on my wishlist is "Walking in Denali", a picture of a moose walking in snow. Tok is the only artist I know of who was truly mastered the art of painting realistic looking falling snow! In this picture I had stopped to admire the beautiful view with my wrapped art in hand.
At the hotel, there was this neat round room surrounded in windows. There was a little coffee place in there with great deli type snacks. On our last morning there I found a cozy little table in this room to spend a little time doing my newest hobby. I enjoyed knitting while taking in the view with a great Mocha and some various cheeses and grapes. The cute little shop outside called The Denali Glass Studio is where I found some great "Alaska grown Shepherd's wool" from Spring Valley Farm in Talkeetna. I also found some nice bamboo knitting needles. I was fortunate to find that shop since I somehow lost one of my needles! I had to move up from a size 6 to a 7 but I really can't tell any difference. This is the start of my first washcloth! Aren't the greens beautiful?!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous stained glass...It reminds me of some ivy glass doors that someone did once.. ;) But the natural backdrop captures my attention even more...

Welcome

.