8.25.2006

My garden


I really didn't work very hard to make my garden beautiful this year. I spent nearly all of my time studying so I am really shocked at how pretty it ended up being. I took some pictures last week and then some more this afternoon. Some of the flowers are a bit of a mystery to me since I don't think I planted them. I guess I forgot to take pictures of my tulips that came up. They were very pretty. I also planted a white rose, a yellow rose, two ground cover roses in variegated pink and a wine. I also planted several gladiolus bulbs, poppy, sunflower, and nasturtium seeds. I planted 3 lilies last year which came back up this year but I planted three different colors: dark red, white, and a pale pink. I had three lilies coming up where I planted them about 3 to 4 feet apart but all of them were dark red. So I'm confused as to how that happened. At least they are still pretty and the dark red was stricking against my white rail fence.


1 comment:

Rebekah L. said...

Well donner...i planted gladiolus bulbs and they all died. We've only had rain twice all summer...and for just a couple of minutes each time...so needless to say, watering just didnt cut it. I'm thinking about trying to grow a garden pretty quick, there's a second growing season down here. Weird, huh? Plus, our soil sucks. Oh well...yours turned out nice!!!! so tell me about your hair...

Welcome

.