12.31.2005

Ahhh vacation...

I have been having a wonderful time just kicking around at home with my kids for the last week. It is so nice to finally have some time to get some things done that I just haven't had the time for. I've cleaned and organized... I've ironed a lot of stuff. I got a sewing machine for Christmas so I've been tinkering around with that. It's been really peaceful too since the kids each got their own computers and some new video games also :O)

I'm in the middle of making of a fun project right now. My youngest son had a bunch of those wooden crates (like you can buy at craft stores) stacked in his room to hold his books. I planned to buy him one of those tall book shelves after Christmas. But of course, we had to rearrange his room to accommodate his new computer and desk. We managed to get a nice small desk (less than 3 feet wide) from a friend and it fits nicely into a corner of his room but we still have to work around the upright piano in this room... that thing is not moving. I turned his bed and moved everything around but he still ends up without a wall space for a nice shelf. So I'm back to the crates again. I stacked them at the foot of his bed in an arrangement which would allow him to have books on both sides. When he is in his bed he will be able to access the books on the top of the shelf which is over his mattress. The other side will have open area's for books on the bottom portion. I even knocked out some slats on one crate so he can access books from both sides. Now that I have a nice arrangement I'm painting them. That's the fun part :O)

He has a really nice tropical fish bed set with matching curtains that we got from Domestications. It is like someone took a picture under the ocean and printed it on the fabric. We wanted something to match that set so we took the pillow case to Lowes to get some paint mixed. After it's all painted I'll stack them up and fasten them together. His bed is a garage sale find that I plan to refinish later one. It has the drawers underneath which saves space in his room. When I finally get a sander to help refinish it I know where to go to get the paint colors I need. Then some nice tropical fish knobs and he'll have a very cool lookin room!

Well I better get back to painting!

No comments:

Welcome

.