1.02.2006

DIY Network

I am so hooked on this channel! I could watch it all day long.... and have at least for much of the day. I've learned so many things while on my vacation. I've learned a little about fixing cars (or at least a few things I can do myself), making my home more energy efficient, woodworking (my husband loves this too), scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, journaling, embellishing things to make them more unique and special......and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. And the best part is the website. If I see something I'm really interested in trying I can go online and print up instructions. I already have a 3 ring binder with page protectors filling up.

Since I got a neat sewing machine for Christmas I've been trying to catch "Sew much more" which comes on at 9 am my time because of the 4 hour time difference. I keep missing it so my husband has it set to record every weekday :O) I've also been into the scrapbooking shows since I am planning to start my own and I really need help. My problem is I don't like clutter. I like to keep it plain and simple. I've been seeing some neat ways to make a main design on a page and then you can have little mini albums or envelopes with more photos tucked inside. Scrapbooking: Just Journaling with Sandi Genovese.

One of the idea's I saw today is available online in a PDF file: List-Style Journaling


I obviously love to journal. They had someone on today talking about these neat "circle journals". I have a friend (J) that I would love to do this with. She lives pretty far away and we have never met but we are pretty good friends. I think two of these (one for each) or something similar would be neat to pass back and forth!
www.Circlejourey.com

No comments:

Welcome

.