6.10.2007

Sisterhood...once upon a December

I overdosed on bottlecaps today....... only the purple ones. Well, and a few reds. I really don't like the red ones but I felt I NEEDED more and the purples were all gone. They have these boxes of bottlecaps at Walmart and I made the mistake of buying a bazillion boxes. After I gorged on those I started to feel a little........well TOO sweet, if that's at all possible for me LOL I drank a bunch of water and then tried to balance out the sweetness with a little salty snack. It didn't really work. Later on in the afternoon the crash hit and I slept for 6 hours. After I came out of that coma I felt the need to exercise and went miles in my garage on the bike in front of the bookshelf. I picked up the Ya-YA book and ended up peddling past my 30 minute timer and probably 3o more. I went 12 miles in my reading clip, which isn't really very fast. Well, about 12 miles an hour I guess. Then I grabbed my usual nightcap....a cup of sleepy time tea and some vanilla yogurt. I have strawberries too that I found at Sam's club. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Now this is bliss.

I had that song from Anastasia stuck in my head so turned on itunes and set it on repeat. So Deanna Carter is singing "once upon a December" over and over and over..... it's a soothing moody song.

Something caught me when I was reading and I think it has something to do with this odd mood I've been in lately. It's this whole "sisterhood" thing...... or girlfriends. This is the third book I've read that centered on that theme. I haven't let anyone get close enough to me to have any good friends like this. I'm not sure why but I kind of keep this wall up to people. I'm friendly and likable.........but for reason I tend to be antisocial and missed parties or not be able to make it when people are going out. Now I'm regretting it. I wish I had some girlfriends all these years that have passed me by....... friends to reminisce with about old times. I've lost touch with the friends I had as a kid. I remember them but they aren't around anymore. Some of them just aren't people I could hang out with anymore. Some of them have different names now.

Oh well, I know I have friends now and I just need to work at keeping them from drifting away. I'll have to add that to my "to do" list.
  1. vacuum
  2. clean the tub
  3. study
  4. take jared to baseball
  5. call a friend and catch up

1 comment:

Rebekah L. said...

hey...i LOVE bottlecaps. Before walmart came to town i couldn't find them anywhere so i would buy every single package at the candy store in anchorage when i went down and spread them throughout the year. Retarded, I know. And they're everywhere down here so of course i never buy them anymore.... :O)
I never read the ya ya sisterhood book but i did see the movie, i can't remember anything about it except that i hated it...but the night i watched it was an emotional one for me so that might have influenced my thinking. how was that red hat whatever book? I've heard it was good but i cant remember from who.
Three more weeks...please GOD, let this child come on time. :O)
I miss our coffee breaks...

Welcome

.