9.10.2005

Fall


Today was a beautiful fall day. The colors are really starting to come out in full force. There are a lot of birch around here and the leaves turn this georgeous golden color that contrasts nicely with the pine trees. Even the tiny little Amur Maple I planted is starting to turn. The leaves are beautiful blends between orange and red. The lowest leaves are pure red. I can't wait until that tree gets bigger.

The leaves were just pouring down from the birch right in front of my house but there was this stupid line of cars parked along the road. Someone must have been having a party. I was dying to take a picture but didn't want a shot with the cars included. I did go walking and got some neat pictures but by the time the last car left it was too dark. Maybe tomorrow...

I have always loved fall. It is such a beautiful time of year. It's a shame it doesn't last longer. As the air gets cooler and the colors glow..... I actually feel warmer. I love to go for long walks with a nice hot cup of coffee and baileys and just clear my mind. Today I didn't bother with the coffee. I just took pictures.

I've always been facinated by the twisted roots of the trees. I took several beautiful pictures last year of the same tress here covered in a carpet of golden leaves. This year I decided to take pictures a little earlier, while there is still some green growing around them. I will post more pictures later.

1 comment:

Donna said...

You are the 3rd person to say that!!!!!!

Welcome

.