9.18.2005

Poetic stones

I bought a little kit from Magneticpoetry.com called "Poetry Stones deluxe". I used it to make the walkway in my garden a little more unique. All I needed was a few bags of concrete patcher from Home Depot and some time. The kit has 3 lbs of this stuff, three colors of concrete dye and nice press in letters. It also contains several molds to use but I didn't use those (I will though). My husband made a simple wooden frame so I could make more at once and also have more words on each block. The kit has several brick sized molds in different lengths which would trim the edges of my gardens nicely. There is also a nice round stone mold and an adjustable square mold. It is well worth the $50.

I searched all over this town and couldn't find stones I liked for my garden. I'm just not up for the usual cats, birds or bugs that everyone here has. This kit allowed me to use a favorite verse from Whitman's Leaves of Grass. Of course I got a little impatient and moved the stones to early which caused some to crack. I think it gives them character. Next year I'll add some more sayings to my yard. I can't wait for spring already!



"Happiness... not in another place but this place...."





"...not for another hour, but this hour."





Here are some that I did as a birthday present for a friend of mine. She has a nice grotto for them to go with. They are hand painted using regular acrylic paints and then covered in a clear sealant.



No comments:

Welcome

.