2.20.2006

Lonely alone time

I went shopping with a friend of mine this evening and it was so great to get out. Today was President's day and I had the day off. That is wonderful and everything but I'm not used to being completely alone in the house. Usually the boys are home with me. It was eerie quiet and I didn't much like it. I couldn't get much done because I was wondering how the boys were doing or how my husband's day was going. I was thinking about work and thinking about my Grandmother who isn't doing well. I think it was almost torture to have that day off because I couldn't really do anything about those things that were on my mind and I couldn't focus on all the things around me that I should be doing. I ended up going to get the boys to go to lunch with me. We had fun at McDonalds and then I dropped them back off at school. After school I went back to pick them up and they were having a book fair. We had a great time picking out books. We also donated a few to the each of the boys classrooms.

My parents called me on Sunday. It was good to talk to them but they always say something about my nanny which leaves me sad for a long while after. I always ask for more specific details of her condition and they always give me one of those vague, you-know-she's-old type of answers... then they told me she said she wanted to see me one more time before she died. That just kills me because I just don't have the money to buy a plane ticket to Georgia. Then of course I feel like I couldn't go without taking the boys to see Grandma and everyone else and heck, why not bring Chris too. Hmmmm, maybe I could sell some organs or something to pay for that.

Okay, time to pull out of that downward spiral.... I had a great time shopping with my friend even though I would have liked some more time. I did find some neat journals on sale. They are suede with contrasting stitching and a little photo pocket on the front. I just fell in love with them and bought one in each of 4 colors: a sage green, red, champagne, and black. After I got home and unloaded my booty I was surprised when my oldest son asked for one of them- the black one. I asked what he planned to do with it (since he doesn't like to write anything -especially homework). He told me some stuff and I finally gave him one but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't find it later untouched, in a pile under his bed. Funny thing is that my youngest son started asking me more about "journaling". I told him what I do with mine and a few things others might do differently. He then asked if he could have my red one. UGH. I had to let him have it. I guess I will be making another trip to Joann's soon. Surprisingly though, I tripped on his little butt trying to get to the bathroom and he was laying on the floor writing away in his journal. A little later he asked me if I'd like to read it and I did. He wrote about last President's Day when I kept them home from school mistakingly thinking it was a day they had off too. He said we did a lot of fun things like playing around on the computer together and drinking hot cocoa. I wonder if he will write about the things we did today next year.

No comments:

Welcome

.