2.25.2006

A Letter

I found an old letter my Nanny sent to me with some older than average valentines for the boys. I think this is the last letter she wrote to me. She is now unable to write me or to hold the phone to talk and I miss her. I wish she didn't have to hurt to be with us.

The Chair in which you've sat

The chair in which you've sat's not just a chair nor the table at which you've eaten just a table nor the window that you've looked from just a window.
All these have now a patina of your body and mind, a kind of ghostly glow which haloes them a little, though invisible.
~Iain Crichton smith

1 comment:

Donna said...

It was in a small book of quotes about Mothers. I found it in the same box of things that I found the letter in. I found several other letters and note cards from her in that box but she never dated any of them. She might write "Wednesday" or "31st" but never a year. I just remember this last one because of the valentine cards. They are very old! She wrote them out to each of the boys. It was right after that when she went into a home. She has gotten much worse since then. She has Osteoporosis and Parkinson's.

Welcome

.