2.05.2006

Sunday so soon

I feel like I've slept all weekend. Actually I have. I went to the doctor about the pain in my back on Friday. She wrote me some scripts to help what she believes is muscle pain. I decided to wait on taking them as I had a date to the ball that night. Actually, it wasn't a ball but a little chamber music and my "date" was really my oldest son (who had no choice in the matter). We heard the Perlman / Schmidt / Bailey Trio play beautifully. Actually Perlman (the pianist)was absent. I don't think she could brave the cold. Instead we heard Simone Dinnerstein and the others play Haydn, Brahms, and Schubert. Dinnerstein was wonderful. My son loved the concert but said it was much too long to sit in those uncomfortable chairs. I agreed.








I was really impressed with the violinist (Giora Schmidt) who didn't show himself at the end, unless I missed him. We were only graced with the presence of Zuill Bailey and his long hair. I do admit he was great at the cello (which is normally my favorite sound) but I've never heard anyone play the violin like Schmidt. J said violinist aren't supposed to play sitting down. I said it looked like violinist could play anyway they chose. Several times as they amazed us I jabbed my son's shoulder to say "You could do that" but he didn't seem so sure. They were selling CD's afterward but I was not very happy with the selection. It was all Bailey. I still ended up with two and Mr. Zuill signed them both.

My son enjoyed the concert put on by the Fairbanks Concert Association and said we should buy season tickets next year. Maybe we will.

After we got home I took the medication and I don't remember a thing that happened afterwards. I'm only just now waking up and in a blink it will be Monday again. Such a shame.

No comments:

Welcome

.