11.14.2007

Day 3 of orientation

Today was nursing orientation and much more interesting. I got a lot more information for things that I was wondering about. They answered all my questions and demonstrated how to do things. I learned a lot but I never felt like it was too much. You know that sinking feeling? I had this fear that I would get in there and be way over my head. I know I took the medical terminology class and CNA class but a class room is way different than working in a hospital with actual people. Well I started to feel a lot better after today. I still haven't actually worked my first real day on the job (that's tomorrow) but they went over a lot of information I felt very comfortable. My volunteer experience was way more valuable than I ever knew! A lot of what they were telling me about my job as a ward clerk I already knew from volunteering in the medical unit. There were a few other new CNA's there too and I was so happy that I wasn't any different than they were. It's the worse feeling when you feel like you are the least knowledgeable person in the room. We talked through a lot of the information together and everyone said something that helped the others.

After we were done we each went to our departments to meet our supervisors. So tomorrow I'll be going in there to finish up the last of the details I need to get my hospital badge and get my parking badge and scrubs access.

I still have that headache I got at the end of the first day and I'm starting to think it might actually be from the dental work I had done last week. I went in for my cleaning and found out I needed a crown. They had a cancellation that day so they were able to do it that same day. It didn't even occur to me that could be the cause of my headache until I did the symptom checker on webmd.com I love that site!

No comments:

Welcome

.