11.14.2007

Thanksgiving - mentors

I was just sitting here thinking about all that I have to be thankful for right now. It is, after all, November - the time to reflect and take stock in all that we have to be thankful for. So much has happened this year! At the beginning of this year I thought that life was hopeless....really. I hated my job and myself. My grandmother was gone and she was my mentor in life. I just felt like it was gone along with her until I realized one day that she can still be my mentor. Her legacy lives on. I can still strive to be like her and think of how she would have handled any difficult situation I find myself in.

I really am thankful for every minute I spent with her, every phone conversation I had with her and every letter I received from her. If it hadn't been for her I would have never made it through the medical terminology class because the whole time I was thinking about how she never gave up when times were hard! It was so hard starting out in that class and realizing that I was the only person there that knew nothing about anything to do with working in health care. But, I could hear her words running through my head and after I got that 69 on my midterm exam I sucked it up and talked to the instructor. I am so glad I stuck it out and humbled myself enough to seek out help when I needed it. I really wish I could thank my grandmother but I can't. There are other people out there though that I probably should be thanking.

A lot has happened in my life since February. I spent more time with my family, I got to know my neighbors, I volunteered, I went to school, I met so many wonderful people! Now I have a new job and things are so wonderful! Just imagine, I could have missed out on all of these wonderful things if I hadn't suffered a little hardship. So I'm thankful for the valleys that lead to mountains!

So, on this line of thinking, I am going to think about everyone who has influenced my life! I shouldn't have only one person to thank! I know there are other people out there that made an impact on my life that are still around! I really can send out those thank yous! Better late than never right? I'll work on my list this month and send out some cards in December just in time for Christmas.

No comments:

Welcome

.