5.07.2007

Gwen Frostic

I have been finding these really neat books while working at the Literacy Council in the used bookstore. I am attacted by the neat artwork that looks stamped on and the wonderful verses. I found a few more today and I looked up the author/artist. Click the title above to visit her site. I wish I could have had the chance to meet this lady before she died. She must have been such an interesting person to know. It's just amazing that she was so observant of nature and so patient and talented to be able to transform a block of wood into such a beautiful work of art. They even have rubber stamps and note cards with her art and poetry available on that website. I hope I can find all of her books. I certainly love the collection I have now.

1 comment:

elmysterio said...

That's very cool Donna. Email me!!!

Welcome

.