5.30.2007

Lost and found and a quote of the day

I keep trying to lose weight but I think I'm just juggling. I didn't even know I knew how. I lost 3 pounds but I've lost them before..... I wonder if they will come back again tomorrow... My weight goes up and comes back down.... I just keep moving it around.

I did notice that I could wear a pair of shorts that I couldn't wear a couple weeks ago. I could get them on but I had about a 3 to 4 inch gap. I got them on today (comfortably) and then did somersaults across the living room..... well, not really. I never could do those. I do like the website I've been using to track my progress - Traineo. By logging my exercise and watching my calorie intake it keeps me from slacking!! I also constantly want to beat my pervious time or how many miles I went on my bike. It's easy and it's free, what could be better right?

Well, I went to my second class today for Medical terminology. Wowzers. This is a lot of memorization! I bought a big box of index cards at Sam's Club to make flash cards and started writing each new term on them. I have already used a whole pack! My husband thought it was such a waste to buy so many. I tried to tell him there are so many things to learn and I'll need to really study hard. I also bought a voice recorder (with the money I made from my garage sale) and that will really come in handy. I recorded today's class and then I should be able to put it on my ipod. I think if I listen to it while I use my stationary bike or work in my garden I will start to learn those terms faster.

It's all very interesting and I could read about this forever. I don't know how I ever felt I didn't know what I should be doing with my life!! I just sit for hours with my new medical dictionary and immerse myself in all these new terms , images, and ideas. Something will catch my eye and I'll start reading and then that will lead to a new term that I'll need to look up and then I'll be flipping through the pages again. I tend to see so many interesting things along the way that I have to resist the temptation to lose track and run through every rabbit hole. I have to keep a notepad with me and jot down new terms so I can look them up later. I just hope that some day I will be able to help comfort those that are suffering and also help with their recovery. I also hope to be some comfort to those who will not recover. I don't think God put those people here to waste away staring at a wall. They are here for a purpose. I know God was training me for that when I was learning to write to my Grandmother even though she couldn't reply. It really is hard to write something without asking a question that requires an answer. It can also be difficult to keep things upbeat and positive. I got good at that though. I know that someday I'll be a great nurse and God will help me get there... one class at a time. Someone just told me that it sometimes takes something bad happening before something good can happen. We never want to go through the bad times but once the clouds clear the sun is so much brighter and we wont take it for granted.

Well tomorrow is a new day. I keep thinking of a young girl named Allie that is currently recovering from a horrible accident. And I think of my Grandmother who at the end of her life couldn't do the most simple things because she had Parkinson disease. I hope everyone will take advantage of each minute in each day, hug each loved one and smile at each stranger.... you never know when your life will change. Cherish life while it's good so that if things to take a turn you will have the strength to weather the troubled times. God sends us road bumps to make us stronger.

Here is the quote of the day from RealSimple.com

Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.
— Anonymous

No comments:

Welcome

.