8.22.2005

A lazy weekend

I thought this weekend was going to be a total waste. I was so exhausted after last week that I slept in Saturday and then didn't do much the whole day. As as matter of fact...... maybe I slept all day, I'm not sure. I can't really remember anything about Saturday. Today (Well Sunday, it's 1 am now) I actually got out of bed before noon...... about 5 minutes before. I did a lot of cleaning. I was in one of those moods where I just want to throw away everything. Everything is clutter...... everything is taking up my space. I felt over-crowded by it all and wanted it out. So the garbage people will be ticked come morning time...... well, in a few hours.

I finally got out my new little "poetry stones" kit.... for myself anyway. I used it the first time to make a one-of-a-kind birthday present for a wonderful lady that was turning 75. She is a devout Catholic so I set into stone the first half of the Hail Mary prayer for her into two larger stones. Then I painted a little portrait of Mary on the bottom of one and a rosary on the other. It turned out very nice. I would have never been able to do it if my husband hadn't made this nifty wood frame stone mold. I could make several stones at once instead of using the little tiny molds that came with the kit. One word per brick would have taken a vary long time! For my garden walk my husband divided the molds in two and I made six terracotta stones with words of Whitman's Leaves of Grass. "Happiness,... not in another place but this place, not for another hour but this hour." I can't wait to see them finished.

~ip

Google: "Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
- Christopher Morley"

No comments:

Welcome

.