8.23.2005

Smarty pantz

My oldest son was selected to be tested for accelerated math based on his Terra Nova scores from last year. He passed with flying colors so he will be taking 7th grade math this year. I am really happy for him because he was bored out of his mind last year. His grades were terrible but we all knew he was bored and not at all interested in what they were teaching..... Because he already knew that stuff. We will really have to work on keeping on top of his schedule because he'll also be in the orchestra which will also require him to make up class work. I hope there isn't anything else he wants to do this year because I'll have to say no. I don't want him to get overwhelmed. The biggest chore though seems to be keeping his head down to normal size. He got the second highest score in the school and although I am proud I'm also worried his friends wont be interested in hearing much more about it.

My youngest is in 3rd grade this year and I've not yet heard anything good or bad, which is good. With him no news is good news! Last year I got a call from the principal in the first week! Hopefully he will not have any troubles this year.

I joined Curves yesterday. That will keep me from gaining a ton of weight over the winter months when I don't like to be outdoors much. My first session is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to shedding a few inches. I really want to get back into my size 8's and start feeling better. I took the dog for a jog tonight and she loved that. It feels good to get outside after staring at a computer screen all day!

The weather here is amazing. It got cold enough to kiss some leaves in my garden with red and yellow and then it's in the 70's during the day?????? What's up with that? Is it fall or not? I was really hoping my sun flower would bloom before it got too cold but it doesn't even have a head yet. It is nearly as tall as the house now.....

No comments:

Welcome

.