1.12.2006

SloooOOooooow going days

Well this has been my first week back at work and I'm so thankful that tomorrow is Friday. I only have one file so far and it's been soOOooooo terribly slow. I do get to go in a little later tomorrow but I also have to stay later as well. That's no biggie. I always love late days since I can watch my boys get on the bus safely and have an extra few minutes to get a Mocha from Starbucks. I'm not a morning person so these days are good for me and I'm not my usual growly self when I arrive. Even better than that is the beautiful quite I get to enjoy at the end of the day (hopefully). I can get so much more done during that time. Of course I have nothing to work on right now..... Sigh. So I'll have to figure out what I'll use to keep me busy. My supervisor is dying to send me to the dungeon for some dust bunny hunting...I mean, old file cleaning.

I really am glad to be back to work though. I love my time off but after a while I start to get bored at home and I tend to get lazy and waist my time. I do have a lot of projects planned but if they are spread out over weekends I don't get burned out so fast. My bookshelf project is sitting unfinished for that reason.... I just lost steam and inspiration. If I focus my mind on something else for a while I'll be able to get more creative when I need to be. Now that I've had a week I'm starting to think of some idea's to use for that project to make it more fun in the "fishy" room.

The boy who lives in the "fishy" room is having a 9th "fishy" birthday party on Saturday the 21st. So I have some planning to do for that this weekend. We have already done whales and a rainbow fish cake. This years theme is a shark. I have to figure out if I can make a shark cake or if I should have one made or do something else. I could also just do an aquarium cake to make things easier.

I am really loving this new computer with the media center. It's all tied in the with the TV so I can set it to record shows I want to watch after I get home. I love watching my DIY shows after dinner. Now I'm ready to crash.

No comments:

Welcome

.